Dr. Tom Yeager
What I Will Do For You!
I will help you...
- Make valuable nursery management decisions that will save you money.
- Increase your knowledge so you can determine and justify the amount of irrigation water applied.
- Select and implement Best Management Practices (BMPs) for your nursery.
- Coordinate and conduct irrigation education for your employees.
Container Irrigation Tool App
This tool is designed to provide sprinkler irrigation run times for a range of plant production conditions typically found in an outdoor, commercial container nursery.
Environmental Horticulture Dept.
University of Florida
2550 Hull Rd.
2541 Fifield Hall,
PO Box 110670
Gainesville FL 32611-0670
- Ph.D. Horticulture (Virginia Polytechnic Institute), 1981
- M.S. Horticulture (Virginia Polytechnic Institute), 1979
- B.S. Horticulture (Auburn Univ.), 1975
- Yeager, T. H. Introduction to workshop: Impact of runoff water quality on future nursery crop production. HortTechnology, 2(1), 1992, 80.
- Yeager, T. and G. Cashion. Controlled-release fertilizers affect nitrate nitrogen runoff from container plants. HortTechnology 3(2), 1993, 174-177.
- Yeager, T. H., R. D. Wright, D. Fare, C. Gilliam, J. Johnson, T. Bilderback, and R. Zondag. Six state survey of container nursery nitrate nitrogen runoff. J. Environ. Hort. 11(4), 1993, 206-208.
- Yeager, T. H. Dwarf Yaupon Holly Response to Fertilizer Application Rate and Frequency, HortTechnology, 6(1), 1996, 41-45.
- Yeager, T., D. Fare, J. Lea-Cox, J. Ruter, T. Bilderback, C. Gilliam, A. Niemiera, K. Tilt, S. Warren, R. Wright, and T. Whitwell. 2007. Best management practices: guide for producing nursery crops. 2nd ed. Southern Nursery Assn., Atlanta, Georgia.
- Yeager, T., J. Million, C. Larsen, and B. Stamps. 2010. Florida Nursery Best Management Practices: Past, Present, and Future. HortTechnology 20: 82-88.